If you are interested in being involved with Artifact, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For the Fundraising Volunteer, please email Chana Morgenstern directly at email@example.com.
Artifact is a community-driven venue for innovative writing in the Bay Area, including a monthly reading series, a chapbook press, and high school writing workshops. Get experience in arts non-profit organizing, events production, book layout, book production, and fundraising. Hang out with like minded writers and artists. We are a registered non-profit, so you can get college/grad credit for this.
Reading Series Volunteer:
The reading series volunteer will assist with planning, organizing, and setup for the monthly reading series. Possible responsibilities include:
- Assistance with curating and publicity
- Creating Flyers
- Creating and sending announcements
- Posting to blog/website
- Checking email and responding (every 1-2 days)
- Posting announcements for other events
- Set up/Clean up
The publications volunteer will assist in layout, production and marketing of Artifact Press chapbooks. Possible responsibilities include:
- Layout/Design- cover and internal
- Meetings with designers
- Send out orders/Flyers
- Website/blog updates
- Publicity event planning
- Distribution assistance
The fundraising volunteer will assist in research and writing grants to fund Artifacts various projects. Possible responsibilities include:
- Web research grant databases such as The Foundation Center and NYFA.
- Identifying grants that could possibly fund the reading series, small press, or classes we provide.
- Phone calls and meeting with grant providers
- Working with a team of writers to complete one or several grants.